Businesses' operating environments are transforming rapidly. Embracing innovation and agility helps you adapt to change quickly and create opportunities to thrive.
Transformation is about proactively delivering strategic outcomes:
- improving business performance, including profitability
- creating competitive advantage in your chosen markets
- making you more attractive and compelling to your customers, potential investors, and talent
- strengthening enterprise resilience and building a basis for continuous improvement.
To deliver transformation effectively, you need the right infrastructure to execute and manage change.
Defined and robust project and programme management are vital for planning and delivering successful and sustainable change and achieving business outcomes. You need the right foundations to successfully deliver initiatives from inception through to completion. You can get guidance and value-adding insights, including independent recommendations, from our expert teams: driving richer conversations, challenge, and resolutions.
How we can help:
- Programme and project management mobilisation and delivery throughout the lifecycle
- Identifying opportunities for change
- Prioritising scale and timing in the change portfolio
- Implementing the right governance, processes, tools and methods, and driving effective delivery through robust insight, control, and capabilities
- Building the business case and quantifying the potential value and benefits
You'll get an experienced transformation team that provides advisory and hands-on support throughout the lifecycle, developing transformation and change capabilities and building a structure to drive sustainable change to support long-term growth.
Effective change management is at the heart of ensuring your people are engaged and supported throughout business transformation. Our experienced team can support in the following:
- assessing the impact of your change on your people, and presenting detailed insights of the impact to your business and its strategic direction
- designing a tailored approach and plan to implement change
- enabling or engaging with your people to manage the successful execution of sustainable change.
Your operating model is central to all your organisation's activities. Rethinking your current processes and aligning them with your strategic needs and those of the wider market drives cost savings, creates scalability, and creates efficiencies to make your operating model future-fit and resilient.
The need to adapt your operating model may result from changes to people, processes, systems, skill sets, location, operational demands and macroeconomic factors.
We offer tailored solutions and a multi-disciplinary team of transformation programme managers and functional area experts to drive the most value from transformation. We can lead the process from inception to close while having full visibility of all activity within, inciting confidence in our stakeholders. Our services cover the full transformation lifecycle and include advisory and management of the following:
- Operating model transformation programme design, mobilisation, and delivery
- Target operating model design
- Target operating model implementation
Our approach enables a focus on value-adding activities that transform business inputs into tangible outputs – helping manage and inform the decisions you make on your change agenda.
The set up and running of a transformation and change engine room, commonly known as a project management office (PMO), is key in driving forward change at pace. Done right it's an active value-add function for your organisation and provides time, perspective and steer to your leadership team, ensuring they're equipped with information-enabling strategic outcomes
How we can help:
- Designing a PMO which fits your organisation culture, team, and strategic needs
- Assessing the resilience of your existing change capabilities and PMO, and providing practical insights to improve how you transform
- Enabling leadership teams to go beyond by building your PMO, setting the direction and pace to achieve successful change
- Immersing ourselves at the heart of your organisation as your interim PMO
Analysis is at the heart of decisions. You'll get support with requirements gathering and analysis throughout your transformation journey to support best-informed outcomes. This enables you to shape the direction of travel, with rich analysis as a reference point for change. We can support you from the start of your journey – defining your business case for change, measuring potential benefits, and assessing progress throughout your transformation. You'll always get the best possible support, insight, and practical guidance.
How we can help:
- Assisting you in scoping your information gathering requirements, including facilitating workshops and interviews with key stakeholders to produce a complete view
- Facilitating requirements gathering, liaising with stakeholders across your business, and managing the process
- Producing analysis to inform recommendations in relation to your change or transformation alongside other teams
Why Grant Thornton
Broad sector expertise in delivering and advising on transformation, having worked with businesses of every size and complexity at different stages in their transformation journey.
Support for knowledge transfer to ensure business sustainability, with pragmatism in understanding your needs and tailoring our approach accordingly.
Wide perspective on how transformation will impact your entire organisation, with a team of bright, capable people with valuable real-world perspectives and insights.
Transformation Room: manage change — action success
Many businesses and organisations are reconsidering their goals and strategy. In these half-day virtual workshops our transformation experts share personalised guidance in areas where many businesses need support.Realise your ambitions for change, growth and success
Management of an organisational redesign exercise in line with the launch of a new strategy
Design and implementation of a transformation target operating model