Understanding the dynamics of organisations undergoing stress, change or volatility is challenging. We work with all parties, often to tight deadlines, to find a solution that preserves value.
We’re experts in supporting all lender groups to clearly evaluate the challenges faced when borrowers are facing difficulties in servicing their commitments.
Whether assessing short-term liquidity needs, evaluating long-term debt serviceability or advising on covenant compliance, we take the lead in delivering the right solution with the best team.
Effective communication is key. We'll lead stakeholder management and guide you through with simple and clear advice and recommendations.
Why Grant Thornton?
We work closely with all major clearing banks, debt funds, bond holders, asset-based lenders, private equity, government agencies and other specialist finance providers.
Through risk assessment, negotiation expertise and tailored strategies, our specialists enhance the likelihood of favourable outcomes, promoting sustainable financial health for both creditors and borrowers.
We work proactively to ensure strategies align with your goals, risk appetite and industry nuances – wherever you’re based.
How we can help
- Regional and international coverage – we have teams ready to assist you across the UK who are plugged into our international network
- Navigate complexity – we leverage our expertise to navigate complexities and formulate tailored strategies
- Risk assessment – we meticulously evaluate credit risk, assessing a borrower’s financial health, historical performance, and industry trends to help creditors make informed decisions
- Debt restructuring – we collaborate with borrowers to design repayment plans that balance creditor interests with the potential for a borrower’s turnaround and recovery
- Negotiation expertise – we have strong negotiation skills which maintain the delicate balance between creditor rights and the preservation of the lender and creditor relationships