Supporting your development of a materiality assessment to help you identify the sustainable development priorities most relevant to the organisation, its stakeholders and to value creation.
To shape your agenda, you will need to identify the priorities that are most relevant to your organisation. There are many possible initiatives, but a few will drive the majority of the impact you are looking for, whether the impact is reputational, environmental, social, governance or financial. These decisions will be made based on your stakeholder expectations and actions should be embedded into your strategy and the systems you use to monitor progress.
Why Grant Thornton
We have teams around the world who are on the frontline of ESG trends, the fast-changing rules, and the metrics at play. We have established an internal agenda that brings all that expertise together and applies to everything we do. We have experts on hand to help you establish benchmarks and best practice. We can make sure your ESG priorities are aligned to your core purpose, and we can help you to select the appropriate UN Sustainable Development Goals to focus on.
Questions to ask yourself:
- What would your stakeholders value?
- ESG is a broad agenda, how can you focus on what’s important to your stakeholders?
- What’s the gap between what you are doing today and where you need to get to?
- Is your purpose aligned to your ESG priorities?
Things to consider:
- How do you compare yourself against key competitors and best practice?
- What UN Sustainable Development Goals should you focus on?
- Do your key stakeholders expect a robust, data-led analysis that would stand up to scrutiny or is a desk top review adequate for their needs?
- Are you looking to follow global reporting standards such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) or the forthcoming International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB) sustainability standards?
- Would enlisting stakeholders in the process of setting priorities enhance their engagement with your organisation?
ESG: themes and insights
Our experts provide a summary of key themes facing the market and answer frequently asked questionsFind out more about ESG and what it could mean for you
Find value in sustainable supply chains
Join our panel of experts on May 24 as we look at a range of issues to help you build a more resilient, sustainable, and report-ready supply chain.Sign up now