Family disputes relating to divorce, contentious estates, trusts and shareholder disagreements are often complex. We will support you to make positive progress and find proactive solutions.
Disputes involving the value of assets, competing claims, issues relating to executors and conflict between beneficiaries are complex and emotionally charged.
This can be financially devastating, especially where assets have been hidden or misappropriated. You will require a team with the skill set and expertise internationally to work collaboratively with legal teams from the outset to provide expert advice on an effective strategy to manage and protect the estate, secure, and recover assets.
Why Grant Thornton
We are committed to delivering a consistent, personalised service, collaborating with you and a legal team to develop bespoke advice and strategies for the best course of action.
Our capabilities include:
- the ability to act as Independent Executor or Administrator of a deceased estate in cases concerning disputes over assets. This includes where legal claims need to be pursued or defended and where the corporate structure needs to be taken control of, or assets realised
- the ability to be appointed as Director
- dedicated specialist global intelligence and research team who have access to a multitude of UK and global databases
- the ability to undertake bespoke open-source intelligence and on-the-ground intelligence
- digital forensic experts able to undertake data acquisition, data analysis, password cracking and data review
We provide a seamless onshore and offshore independent and informed perspective. We have a flexible approach to fees and innovative funding solutions, including the availability of Asset Recovery Fund LP for high-value asset recovery and enforcement claims where we are the mandated recovery agent.
Joint trustees of a deceased bankruptcy estate
We focus on your individual needs to provide informed advice and diverse solutions.
Collaborating seamlessly with our colleagues in the UK and internationally, we provide expertise in corporate intelligence, digital assets, digital forensics, business valuation, expert witnesses, international arbitration and debt enforcement and recovery.