Developing a robust policy, identifying clear stakeholder responsibilities, and implementing technology solutions around remote international work is now more important than ever.
Hybrid and distance working has widened the options for employees but added another layer of complexity – and scrutiny – for employers.
As you look to offer flexibility in how and where your employees work, you also need to stay ahead of the legal, tax and social security implications.
This requires a tailored approach. Whether you need support with policy development, technology implementation, managing approvals for international travel or compliance, we’re here to help you get it right.
Why Grant Thornton?
While the requirement for tracking business travellers to ensure compliance with your obligations isn’t new, the potential for remote international work has grown significantly.
We support with all aspects of navigating this complexity, including:
- gap analysis of your current operational model
- support with process design for managing your population of short-term business travellers, commuters and remote workers
- tracking, reporting and analysis through PinPoint calendar technology.
Remote worker policy design and implementation
Remote worker triage and solution implementation
Our technology solution PinPoint
Pinpoint is a web-based business traveller tool that helps manage business travel, remote work and posted worker compliance internationally.
- Limited access; information is secure and encrypted
- Manage tax, social security and posted worker directive (PWD) risk with inbuilt treaties and regulations
- Automated tasks guide users through; risks and tasks are clearly flagged
- Downstream delivery – initiate tax briefings, tax returns, A1, Appendix 4 reporting and send reports to payroll
- Dynamic dashboards visualise risks and issues, along with on-demand reporting, helping you stay in control