We collaborate with you to resolve disputes efficiently, getting straight to the heart of the issues, without the need to go through the Courts.
We can support you to resolve disputes arising from the sale and purchase (SPA) of a business or shares, including adjustments to consideration based on completion accounts or earn-out statements.
Resolving any post-deal disputes is assisted by our knowledge of advising on SPAs pre-deal. Our expert determination service assures you that the process is confidential, across the spectrum of dispute sensitivity and complexity.
Why Grant Thornton
Our expert determiners have been appointed in a wide variety of disputes – from small to complex matters. We have proven experience in how effective the expert determination process can be for your clients, both from an expert determiner and party-appointed adviser perspective.
With a team of over 200 people in our UK forensic practice and 400-plus globally in more than 25 countries, our international and local presence can give you the support you require to resolve disputes professionally from start to finish.
What are the benefits of expert determination?
- Professional adjudication of disputes requiring specialist knowledge by independent experts from relevant disciplines
- Transparency: correspondence with the expert is shared with all parties
- In the majority of cases, the process involves only written submissions, responses to the expert’s questions, and the provision of documents following requests for information by the expert – making the approach more inquisitorial than is typical in litigation and arbitration
- When requested by the parties a clear explanation can be provided on the reasons for the decision, on an item-by-item basis
- An expert determination is binding for all parties, and thus provides certainty of outcome