I am a chartered accountant and fellow of the ICAEW and have specialised in forensic accounting since I joined the firm in 2010, having previously trained and worked in audit.
I currently lead complex and often international commercial disputes, with a focus on SPA disputes, and other post-transaction disputes, including completion accounts, breach of warranty claims, and earn outs/ deferred consideration.
I am a member of the firm’s SPA advisory practice that advises parties and their advisors pre-deal on the terms of the SPA, helping them to mitigate the risk of disputes arising, and guarding against value leakage for parties.
I have a wide range of experience that includes:
- Expert determination arising out of a completion accounts dispute in relation to the sale of a group of 27 companies of an investment business in different jurisdictions
- Advising a business in the food and beverage sector following the acquisition of a competitor in a claim against a seller for misrepresentation and breach of warranties
- Advising an insurer assessing the quantum of claim under a warranty and indemnity policy being brought by the US buyer of a Scandinavian steel business relating to alleged breaches of accounting warranties
- Working on a High Court action involving a European bank where the claim centred upon the consequential losses arising from foreign currency trading at the time of the market crash in 2008
- Acting for the defendant in a loss of profits claim arising from allegations made by the claimants of breaches of fiduciary duties
- Advising a leading international manufacturer in a CPO claim reporting on the loss of profit suffered as a consequence of temporary and permanent acquisition of land at one of the business’ depots
- Investigating whistleblowing allegations of financial malpractice against the managing director and finance director of an international media company
Outside of work, I enjoy travelling and family time with my two young daughters.
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- LETAPAEWE (Legal Experience Training Advanced Professional Award in Expert Witness Evidence)