I am a Chartered Accountant with over 20 years’ experience in turnaround and option maximisation. I bring a wide, practical, hands on and commercial skill set to all situations.
My work involves supporting and working with management teams and lenders, not just at times of distress, but also when guiding them on future strategy. My clients are generally corporates (PE owned or owner managed) or their lenders and my focus is on turnaround, debt refinancing, disposals, options analysis, facility restructurings, and contingency planning and insolvency. The situations are often time pressured and stressful with numerous stakeholders to manage.
I am the Yorkshire and North East regional lead for, and have an interest in, the care home, hospitality and leisure sectors. I have extensive experience in supporting C-suite management teams, shareholders, investors and funders to identify and deliver the optimal solution.
My experience includes:
- Assisting a number of pub and restaurant groups secure CLBILS support during the lockdown and working with the boards to refine and articulate the revised strategy to the funders and shareholders
- The securing of funding for and delivery of a number of MBO’s and shareholder exits
- The administration of a number of care home groups (both securing new owners for the portfolio and disposal of non-performing assets to protect the wider group)
- Working with HM government and corporates in relation to £100 million+ grants to undertake large infrastructure projects
I love good wine and I’m a keen traveller. Recent trips have been more short haul, as I am spending most of my spare time on DIY and gardening.
- CF (Corporate Finance qualification)
- FCA (Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales)
- JIEB (Joint Insolvency Examination Board)