As head of debt advisory in London, I work with listed and privately-owned corporates and lenders internationally to help them raise, refinance and restructure their debt facilities. For over 12 years, I have helped raise capital for M&A, working capital, capex, dividend recapitalisations and shareholder buyouts.
A key focus includes special situations lending and restructuring, involving the raising of capital and independent business reviews (IBRs) in challenging situations. As part of this, I have worked with a range of creditors including bank lenders, non-bank lenders, hedge funds, insurers and providers of guarantee and surety instruments.
I believe assessing valuation and its drivers – then mapping key stakeholders’ exposures, motivations and interests – are fundamental to achieving a successful debt transaction.
I previously worked within the investment banking division at Lehman Brothers in London, working with a range of clients across Europe. I am a qualified Chartered Accountant with the ICAEW, and I graduated from the London School of Economics with a First Class degree in BSc Economics.
My experience includes:
- Debt advisory and restructuring services for a committee of six sureties with exposure to a global construction group - £620 million transaction size
- Debt advisory and restructuring services for a 16-lender syndicate with exposure to a manufacturing group in the UK and Spain - £162 million debt (total transaction size: £252 million)
- Fundraising for a major UK and international retailer with significant high street and online presence – £63 million transaction size
- Debt advisory services for a sovereign wealth fund invested in a TMT group based in France – USD $245 million transaction size
- Fundraising for a global pharmaceuticals group listed on Euronext – EUR €50 million transaction size
- Raising ABL debt facilities for a global luxury brand owned by a listed mining company on AIM – USD $25 million transaction size
- Restructuring advice for a portfolio of branded European hotels – EUR €600 million transaction size
- Debt advisory services for a lender with exposure to infrastructure assets in Spain – EUR €125 million debt (total transaction size: EUR €3 billion)
- BSc (Hons), Economics