I head up our China Britain business group, which provides multidisciplinary, practical and commercial advice to companies operating between the UK and the People's Republic of China. With more than 10,000 people operating in the UK and China combined, my role includes ensuring the best possible flow of knowledge and opportunity between these teams.
I have more than 30 years of experience in auditing and working with the stakeholders of successful high-growth businesses. I have been both managing partner and senior partner of a large accounting firm and bring leadership and governance experience to my work with clients.
My client work focused on privately owned and private equity backed businesses; my expertise covers professional service firms, retail, food and beverage, real estate, technology and media. I have extensive experience in audit and transactional assignments. Key projects that I have had responsibility for include:
- leading a series of projects for an international IP business over an eight-year period, which culminated in a partial sale by 300 partners to a private equity buyer
- advising a leading property services firm on UK acquisitions, international expansion, partnership governance and sale to a US buyer
- advising a leading construction services firm on international growth, including acquisitions and new office openings in more than 20 countries.
With experience gained on sabbatical in China, I have direct knowledge of international engagements. I have been a Visiting Professor at Xiamen University in China and am a former chairman of the Association of Partnership Practitioners.
I joined the Partnership Governance Board (PGB) in July 2015 and am a member of the Remuneration Committee. I chair our partner and director selection panel, and also lead our partner support unit.
Outside the firm, I am Chair of the Board and also the Risk and Audit Committee of Unifrutti International Holdings Limited and Treasurer of the Bromley by Bow Centre. My spare time is spent travelling, listening to music and trying to find exciting ways to stay fit.
- ACA (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales)
- BA (Hons)
- EMCC (European Mentor & Coaching Council), Qualified coach and coach supervisor
- FCA (Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales)