I have more than 20 years’ audit experience in the pension sector. As Head of the UK Pension Assurance team, I’m passionate about delivering an audit that adds value to the trustees' governance processes in support of 21st Century Trusteeship initiative from the Pensions Regulator, rather than just a minimum compliance 'tick box' service.
My expertise covers:
- Accounting for complex investment and funding solutions
- Risk register review / completion
- Benchmarking governance and costs to peer schemes
- Additional assurance and internal audit assistance
- Complex benefit structures and scheme mergers
- Trustee training on a wide range of governance and fraud risk mitigation topics
We support our trustee clients via proactive lines of communication and a high quality tailored audit approach with a flexible audit scope. This is to ensure key risks are addressed. Trustees see us as their ‘eyes and ears’ and really value the added insight we can bring from both our thought leadership position in the sector, as well as assurance we provide over their scheme and its activities.
I have been a trustee for more than seven years so I understand the demands placed upon trustees. My colleagues and I sit on many of the leading working parties and committees that are at the forefront of changes to regulation and best practice in the sector. We are therefore able to be a voice for our clients as we help to shape new guidance and regulation. I am also the lead author of the Industry Audit and Accounting Guide for Pension Schemes.
Our team acts as scheme auditor for over 500 pension schemes. This includes over 50 with assets in excess of £1bn representing some of the largest and most complex schemes in the UK.
- Affiliate member of the Pensions Management Institute (PMI)
RT @SamJStreet1: t.co/3hwRdP07ou I am honoured and thrilled to be announced as a finalist in the Outstanding Prevention Initiative…