- Corporate and international tax Corporate and international tax
- Employer solutions Employer solutions
- Indirect tax Indirect tax
- Private client Private client
- Real estate tax
- Transaction and restructuring tax Transaction and restructuring tax
- Tax investigations and disputes Tax investigations and disputes
- Tax risk management Tax risk management
- Our approach to tax Our approach to tax
Corporate or personal restructuring can be stressful for everyone involved and the last thing you need is for your chosen route to create unexpected tax consequences.
When restructuring or rescuing a business, time is of the essence and you also need to consider every possible implication of your plan, including tax.
Unexpected tax liabilities can add significant costs to transactions. If not identified early, they could severely impact a business's ability to regain a stable financial footing. At Grant Thornton we can help to reduce the tax risk of your restructuring.
Helping you restructure your business
You'll work with a team that is embedded with its colleagues in advisory and therefore understands the commercial and wider implications of restructuring and how it might affect the business. This enables us to bring you a commercially viable and tax-efficient solution.
There are many reasons people and businesses can fall into financial distress, such as having unsustainable debt structures, escalating pension liabilities, or being subject to fraud. Through our experience in every situation, we can give you practical, timely and easy-to-follow tax advice to help you plan the restructuring.
Our team also raises awareness of the tax issues facing those in distress. We work closely with R3, the insolvency practitioners group; belong to a number of committees with, or lobbying HMRC regarding rescue and insolvency issues.
We can support you with a wide range of tax services, including:
- debt restructuring
- pre-insolvency planning
- cross-border insolvency appointments and restructuring
- investigations expertise and advice
- time-to-pay negotiations with HMRC
- solvent wind-ups and exit strategies
- defined benefit pension scheme restructuring
+44 (0)20 7728 3224Find out more