I have c.30 years’ experience in advising lenders, senior management teams and other stakeholders in financially distressed situations. I devise and deliver practical and constructive solutions to preserve and enhance value. I work across several sectors but with a particular focus on the healthcare and retail real estate sectors.
My detailed and in-depth knowledge of health and social care sector has allowed me to broaden my advisory credentials to advise on both distressed and non-distressed transactions in the sector to assist clients with pre-lend reviews, due diligence and debt advisory mandates. Understanding the operational drivers of social care businesses, what sets apart good operational management teams, as well as thorough knowledge of the financial KPIs enables me to provide clients with the unique insight they require to make informed decisions.
Assignments of note include:
- the asset management of a national UK elderly residential care portfolio with more than 40 homes
- the administration of a number of companies within the Four Seasons Care Home group with all care homes being successfully transitioned to new operators
- the sale of c.15 shopping centres across a number of distressed portfolios
- the restructure and sale of a large European manufacturer of printer consumables
When not at work, I enjoy sport, in particular football and American football, and I can often be seen being taken for a walk by Ziggy, my energetic Labrador!
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Joint Insolvency Examination Board qualified