I have worked in international restructuring and insolvency since 2010. I specialise in large, complex and multi-jurisdictional insolvency cases with case experience both domestically and in jurisdictions including BVI, Cayman, Hong Kong and the Channel Islands.
In 2014 I worked for Grant Thornton Hong Kong to develop its insolvency practice in Hong Kong, China and the Asia Pacific region.
I have considerable experience of working in international teams on cross-border projects. Some recent examples include:
- liquidation of an Asian derivatives business registered in the British Virgin Islands,
- cash flow and solvency review of a Caribbean hotel and resort development,
- liquidations of a number of BVI Companies held in a Jersey Trust with related litigation in the Guernsey Courts,
- liquidations of two BVI Companies with litigation proceedings against a major investment bank
- options and solvency review of a Mauritian fund
Prior to specialising in cross-border matters I worked in mid-market insolvency and restructuring carrying out both independent business reviews, trading administrations and liquidations.
Outside of work I enjoy travelling, keeping fit and spending time with my wife and young child.