I am an experienced chartered certified accountant (ACCA) with over 10 years' experience in the forensic team at the firm. I specialise in complex international dispute resolution predominantly international arbitration (with experience across many of the leading institutions including ICC, LCIA, ICSID, etc), and UK High Court litigation.
I assist clients across a range of advisory assignments, including shadow expert work and litigation support, as well as expert witness work for both claimant and respondent/defendant clients. I provide support on matters of loss of profits, consequential loss, liquidated damages, business valuation, and other quantum issues.
I have a broad range of sector experience covering a variety of jurisdictions. Recent cases include:
- instructed by an African government agency in its defence and counter-claim of an ICC arbitration in relation to claimed breaches of a shareholder agreement leading to alleged losses of US$120 million.
- instructed by the claimant in an International Arbitration (LCIA) to prepare a schedule of loss to assist in advance of a preliminary determination hearing, in order to support settlement discussions. The claimant was a privately owned shipowner and maritime financial services company, bringing a claim against a PE fund for consequential losses as a result of an alleged breach of an SPA.
- instructed on an ad-hoc arbitration seated in The Bahamas. The expert was instructed by the claimant to opine on the financial state of various companies (including a multi billion US$ Nigerian oil and gas business) which were transferred out of three separate trusts by the respondents.
- instructed by the defendant in a High Court case brought by a hotel owner against her legal advisors for professional negligence.
- advised an ultra high net worth client in relation to divorce proceedings in the UK Family Court, relating to the valuation of her husbands' Ukrainian telco business.
- assisted the expert in a High Court claim for professional negligence brought against a leading international law firm for advice they gave and the actions they took in relation to the investment manager of a pharmaceutical industry private equity fund.
Outside of work I try to keep active through cycling and playing tennis and suffer through supporting Arsenal FC.
- ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
- LL.B (Hons) Law
- LL.M (Maritime Law)