- Brexit and political risk advisory
- Business consulting Business consulting
- Corporate simplification
- Governance advisory Governance advisory
- Growth 365 Growth 365
- Insights and analytics Insights and analytics
- International services International services
- People advisory People advisory
- Real estate advisory
- Treasury advisory
The disruption to the UK skills market is unprecedented
As many as 92% of UK mid-market businesses will need skills that don’t currently exist in their workforce in the next five years, while 94% know identifying and recruiting new talent is vital for future growth. As a result, attracting and retaining the right talent has never been more important.
Your people partner: creating solutions that work for you
Is your workforce future-proof? Talent and skills investment is an effective way to secure the loyalty of your people and attract in-demand talent. The Apprenticeship Levy represents an untapped opportunity in the battle for talent. Supporting over 2,000 organisations to optimise their levy funding, we share commercial insight and technical expertise to help you understand your position, the financial implications and possible opportunities of the levy.
Our skills development programmes cover leadership and management, finance training and project management for all levels within your organisation. We have partnered with high-quality business schools and specialist providers to design and deliver development programmes that are grounded in world-class theory, market leading insights and practical application to deliver immediate impact in the workplace. Where applicable, funding is available through the Apprenticeship Levy, so your organisation can benefit at little or no additional cost.
- Leadership and management programmes respond to the needs of the modern and dynamic individual to drive sustainable growth by applying market insight and commercial experience
- Finance function training combines exemplar learning resources from Babington, commercial insight and one-to-one support from our team. Designed for all levels within the finance function, from those just starting out in their finance careers through to people looking to become senior finance leaders
- Project management programmes equip the next generation of project managers with the ability to navigate complex organisational challenges and get things done efficiently; leaning on a strong mix of technical and people skills
Our advisory services
- Apprenticeship Levy advisory
- Skills gap assessments
- Learning and development design and delivery
+44 (0)20 7728 2937Find out more
What is the Apprenticeship Levy?
Introduced in April 2017, the Apprenticeship Levy is a payroll tax on employers and an additional cost to your organisation - you pay a 0.5% levy if your annual pay bill is over £3 million per annum. The payable amount and additional funding are available to you via a digital account to invest in apprenticeship training and assessment costs. The levy funds are intended to grow and upskill existing employees as well as new recruits.
As an incentive to invest in apprenticeship training, the government provides a 10% top-up on your payment each month, meaning you can get more out than you put in. Plus, if you spend more than your available levy funds, the government will cover 95% of the additional cost in return for a 5% employer contribution, within the approved funding band for each apprenticeship.
Notable aspects of the wider apprenticeship reforms include:
- Apprentices can be of any working age and there are no restrictions
- Eligible roles include for new hires, ‘returnships’ and existing employees
Apprenticeships go all the way up to Level 7 qualifications (equivalent to a master’s degree), including recognised degree, master’s degree and professional qualifications.