I am a partner in our forensic and investigation services practice, with a particular focus on aiding companies facing urgent, complex, cross-border issues including fraud, bribery and corruption, misconduct and asset recovery. I have extensive experience investigating high-profile public interest matters representing governments, public companies and private individuals throughout Europe, Africa, Asia and South America.
I am regularly named in Who’s Who Legal’s asset recovery, forensic accountants and consulting experts lists, where I am described by clients as “an eloquent and very innovative practitioner”, who is “extremely pragmatic and commercial in how he presents his advice” and “great to work with”.
A sample of my recent engagements include:
- appointed expert investigator by a UK regulator to assess the actions of the management of a high street retailer following its collapse
- investigating a systemic fraud perpetrated against a government-run pensions system, involving the misappropriation of millions of Euro
- lead investigations into the management and operations of an international sports federation following the suspension of the association’s long-term president
- performed investigations into allegations of bribery and corruption at several state-owned enterprises on behalf of a government
- investigating conflicts of interest between the senior management of a Middle East-based petrochemicals company and a number of its close suppliers following the reduction in profitability of major projects.
Away from the office, Steve is a keen sports fan and enthusiastic (if unskilled) golfer.
- ACA (Associate of The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales)
- BSc (Hons), Statistics
- CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner)