As an experienced partner, I lead our provision of actuarial and risk services to general insurers. I have worked in, and consulted to, the general insurance industry for nearly 30 years. I focus on the provision of practical advice to enable clients to make informed management decisions in financial and operational matters.
My extensive experience in the general insurance sector includes:
- establishing and leading in-house actuarial functions
- Solvency II
- IFRS 17
- developing and validating capital models
- estimating claims reserves
- pricing of portfolios and individual risks
- fulfilling the role of the Independent Expert on Part VII and Section 13transfers
- Section 166 Skilled Person reviews
- actuarial due diligence for mergers and acquisitions
- fulfilling the role of the Scheme Actuary on Schemes of Arrangement
- developing and implementing management information systems
- providing advice and guidance to boards and senior management teams.
Prior to joining the firm, I was the chief actuary at Travelers Insurance Company Limited in the UK and Ireland.
My professional experience includes terms on both the council and the management board of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) as well as on its general insurance board, education board, general insurance education and CPD committee (including a term as Chair), general insurance reserving oversight committee and education committee.
I used to have hobbies, but now I have three daughters instead!
- Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries in Ireland
- MA (Oxon)