I am a partner in the Forensic and investigation services team.
I have specialised in forensic accounting since 2003, with a particular focus on complex cross-border litigation and arbitration often involving an investigative element.
I advise clients and their legal advisors in disputes arising from breaches of contract, allegations of fraud or misappropriation, and investment treaties. Many of the disputes I have advised on have involved matters in the CIS and the middle-east.
These engagements have typically required a combined investigative and expert witness skillset, and collaboration with specialists from multiple disciplines across jurisdictions and industries. My sector experience includes natural resources, financial services, private equity and consumer products amongst others.
In addition, I am experienced in advising clients during the sale or purchase of businesses, particularly in the preparation and review of completion accounts, the preparation of objection notices, and through the expert determination processes including submissions to experts.
Highlights of my litigation and arbitration experience include:
- Litigation advisory role on a multi-billion dollar dispute in the English commercial court between two Russian businessmen.
- Expert for the claimant in a case concerning alleged breach of contract between a telecommunications company and a local borough council.
- Prepared an expert report regarding disputed ownership and valuation of an aluminium asset in CIS.
- LCIA arbitration concerning a dispute over alleged self-trading and the diversion of profits from a Ukrainian mining joint venture by the other JV partners.
- In UNICTRAL proceedings, quantification of loss suffered by a commodities producer as a result of an alleged breach of a bilateral investment treaty.
My sale and purchase agreement dispute experience includes:
- Advised on the preparation of an Objection Notice and subsequent support in negotiations in purchase price dispute following a £12bn transaction.
- Submissions to an independent expert in relation to a transaction dispute between two Retail banks.
- Completion accounts dispute where more than 800 items were in dispute between the parties.
- Expert determination to resolve a dispute concerning the tax liabilities of a transferred business.
- FCA (Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales)
- MA (Cantab.), Engineering