I am a partner in our restructuring and insolvency team with a successful track record both as an advisor, and within organisations acting as CFO, COO and interim manager.
I represent regulators, boards of directors, lenders (banks, hedge funds, private equity), customers and management. With a deep experience in financial services (insurance), distribution, higher education and manufacturing (including automotive).
In the decade that I have been with the firm I have worked out of each of our Chicago, London and New York offices, with extensive knowledge of the respective restructuring and insolvency regimes.
My experience includes:
- Led the transition management office with a responsibility for delivery of a carve-out and stand up of DivestCo ($32 billion AUM) and optimisation of RemainCo. The counterparty to this transaction was a private equity fund. In this role we reported to the executive committee of a $9 billion public financial services company
- CFO and COO of a private equity fund holding controlling interests in insurance intermediaries, insuretech and financing. I provided strategic leadership and direction for the board as well as operational oversight of the turnaround of a variety of portfolio entities.
- Working with the administration and board of a 4,500 student private liberal arts university to assist the administration, development and implementation of its short, medium and long-term plans to stabilise the university and ensure it is a viable business going forwards.
- Engaged to protect the supply of key parts by a Tier 1 manufacturer to one of the Big Three Automakers in Detroit. This engagement required preparing and assessing turnaround plans, and a deep operational expertise at plants in each of Canada, Mexico and the US.
After obtaining a Bachelor of Commerce degree, with majors in both Economics and English from the University of Cape Town, in South Africa, I launched my career in England where I qualified as a chartered accountant.
Outside of work I enjoy running, reading, cooking and a glass of wine.
- ICAS (Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland)
- Chartered Accountant