I'm a licensed insolvency practitioner, with 16 years’ experience. I joined our Insolvency and asset recovery (IAR) team where I focus on fraud investigations, pursuing legal claims, asset tracing, and enforcement of judgment awards. I obtained my appointment-taking licence in 2020.
I deal with personal and corporate contentious appointments across the IAR and restructuring practices and also work closely with our forensic, tax, and corporate intelligence teams.
My work involves detailed investigations and making use of powers granted to insolvency practitioners under statute-to-obtain files, records, and information from third parties, in order to understand the affairs of the relevant entity or individual. I've led a number of insolvency appointments involving complex frauds, and have extensive litigation experience bringing claims out of insolvent estates against financial institutions, insurance companies, trust companies, directors/officeholders, and other third parties.
I work for a wide range of creditors, including HMRC, and have dealt with a large number of insolvencies involving sizeable tax losses. Significant cases include:
- resolution of a £40 million breach of fiduciary duty/transaction at undervalue claim against offshore professionals who provided director services to an English company
- litigation from 10 insolvent estates against a number of financial institutions relating to a VAT carousel fraud, where the collective claim value exceeds £100 million
- contentious property and asset litigation in various bankrupt estates spanning a number of years, realising real estate and 'trophy' assets of more than £5 million
- misfeasance and transaction defrauding creditors' claims against a director relating to a corporate restructure, where underlying tax had been in dispute for almost 20 years – as replacement liquidators a settlement was achieved within 12 months of appointment for a seven-figure sum.
Clients, particularly in cases of fraud, aren't always able to incur further costs to pay an insolvency practitioner, so, to ensure the most beneficial structure, I take a mixture of funded, contingent, or hybrid appointments.
Outside of work, I am an avid sports fan, a keen DIYer, and enjoy spending time with my family.
- IPA (Member of the Insolvency Practitioners Association)
- First class honours degree Accounting and Financial Management
- JIEB (Joint Insolvency Examination Board) (Corporate and Personal)
- Chartered Accountant - ICAEW Fellow (FCA)