I am part of our regulatory advisory practice, with over 18 years’ experience in compliance, regulatory and consultancy roles in the financial services industry. I focus on understanding and applying the FCA’s approach to conduct regulation, in particular regarding life, pensions, investments and financial advice.
My experience includes over six years in FCA Supervision, where my roles included being a manager in a bespoke team that designed and launched the new FCA supervision model in 2013 and managing a thematic supervision team. I joined the firm in January 2016 from Lloyds Banking Group, where I was the head of group regulatory liaison, leading a team to manage the bank’s relationship with the FCA.
I have a passion for designing and implementing solutions to regulatory challenges which enable businesses to generate good outcomes for consumers alongside commercial success. I have worked in both commercial and regulatory environments, and as a result I understand the competing pressures of both, and how to achieve a good balance between them.
I have led a wide variety of assignments across the financial services industry, including:
- a skilled person review (s166) of a financial adviser
- designing a new defined benefit (DB) pension transfer advice process and associated advisers’ training programme for a major UK provider
- designing a complex remediation project for the commercial arm of a UK based global bank
- advising a major UK retailer on the provision of its store credit facility
- advising on past business reviews, regulatory permissions applications, complex perimeter issues and redesigning advice services and business models.
Away from work I am a member of Cambridge Chorale, a chamber choir, and avidly follow the (mis)fortunes of West Ham United. I also swim, cycle and enjoy sport, reading, politics and current affairs.
- BA (Hons)
- DipPFS (Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning)