Collection of personal data
For the purpose of Grant Thornton’s recruitment activities, we will collect the following personal data about you:
- Contact details (name, address, email, telephone number)
- Details of your qualifications, skills, experience, employment history
- Information about your expectations and eligibility to work in the UK
We may ask for additional personal data (including special categories of personal data and criminal records) during your application or after we have made an offer, we will explain why and how it will be processed when we request the information.
Most of the personal information we collect will be provided directly by you however we may also collect personal data about you from third parties including:
- Publicly available data (eg LinkedIn)
- Background screening checks
- Recruitment agencies
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to create an account (Candidate Home), this will allow you to manage your application(s) and complete any associated tasks.
- to potentially enter into an employment contract with you
- provide information to you about other employment opportunities with us
- using publicly available data (eg Linkedin, job websites) to conduct market research and identify talent
- manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm suitability for employment
- comply with legal, regulatory and professional obligations (eg positions requiring a regulator’s approval or specific qualifications).
We use automated decision making as part of our trainee recruitment process. This takes place at the early stages. You will have to meet certain benchmarks to proceed to the next stage in the process. The benchmarks that are in place are pre-determined and an automated decision to progress or reject you is made based on how you score against the required benchmark.
Lawful basis for processing
Grant Thornton has a legitimate interest in processing personal data for the purposes of managing recruitment activities. The firm also processes personal data to comply with legal, regulatory and professional obligations (eg positions requiring a regulator’s approval or specific qualifications).
Who we share data with
We partner with trusted third parties who support us during the recruitment process, including the assessment and interviewing of candidates, background checks and providing specialist software.