I lead the private client and ultra-high net worth team in Birmingham where my focus is on developing trusted and long-term relationships with individuals with substantial wealth invested in a number of different areas. We look to work together, to manage their overall tax profile, while also achieving their personal, family and business objectives appropriately.
My work often includes advising on:
- trusts, estate planning, family governance and succession planning
- structuring investments including real estate and personal investments
- transactions relating to family business including corporate reconstructions
- international tax planning including residence and domicile
- tax compliance services and managing relationships with tax authorities worldwide.
Recently I received a distinction in the STEP Advanced Certificate in Family Business Advising and am also an accredited coach, both of which are invaluable when dealing with the natural conflicts that exist within the family enterprise, especially those in business. In 2013 I was also included in Tax Journal's guide to the 40 leading UK tax professionals under 40 years.
Outside of work, my two children keep me busy but I manage to fit in horse riding and I also enjoy playing netball.
- CTA (Chartered Tax Adviser)
- LLB (Law degree)