I am a chartered accountant, with a specific focus on due diligence, financial assessments, and business reviews across public and private sector organisations. I lead teams in providing pre-investment and pre-lending due diligence or assessment for public sector clients, which include financial assessments, reputational ‘red flag’ checks, transactions advice, business plan appraisals and governance reviews. I also advise local authority trading companies, joint venture partnerships between public and private sector, as well as state-owned commercial vehicles, including advice on their set up, corporate structure and ongoing assessment.
I have extensive experience of appraising businesses and transactions of varying levels of complexity and scale. I have worked with organisations in the UK, Europe and Asia. Key sector experience includes real estate, hospitality and leisure, sports, healthcare (NHS), transport, social care, renewable energy, higher education, construction, manufacturing and business services.
My experience includes the following:
- Due diligence to support pre-investment or pre-lending decision-making process, covering capital investments, joint ventures, grant/loan funding and other contractual arrangements eg guarantees. Due diligence includes financial assessments and reputational ‘red flag’ checks to identify financial and reputational risks
- Due diligence and advice on public sector transactions, including hospital mergers, service transfers or integrations between public bodies
- Assessments of corporate governance, financial governance, controls and risk management procedures
- Advice on local authority trading companies, state-owned commercial vehicles and alternative delivery models/structures to deliver public services
- Financial reviews of underperforming businesses and their financial recovery plans
- Reporting accountant opinions, covering working capital and financial reporting procedures.
Outside of work, I am a keen badminton player and coach. I founded a community-based badminton club in London.
- BA (Hons), Accounting
- CA (Chartered accountant)
- CPA (Certified public accountant)