I'm a partner in our insolvency and asset recovery team, which sits within our wider advisory practice. As a licensed insolvency practitioner and chartered accountant, I work across all types of insolvency cases, many of which involve complex investigations to identify challengeable transactions or trace undisclosed assets. I'm often appointed where there are allegations of fraud or misappropriation, so specialise in developing and executing strategies designed to secure the recovery of assets from both onshore and offshore jurisdictions.
Outside of formal insolvency appointments, I've also been instructed by regulators in respect of various investigatory and review assignments.
My experience includes:
- acting as a court-appointed inspector over a trust and corporate services company in the Isle of Man (an Isle of Man Financial Services Authority appointment)
- Obtaining freezing orders and executing search and seize orders
- Enforcement of non-performing loans for financial institutions in jurisdictions including Dubai, India, Singapore, BVI, Kuwait and Mauritius
- Pursuing claims for dishonest assistance against various parties, including a law firm and two banks
- Contentious insolvency cases; investigating fraud, misfeasance, professional negligence, and asset tracing across multiple jurisdictions
- IPA (Member of the Insolvency Practitioners Association)
- JIEB (Joint Insolvency Examination Board)
- LLB (Law degree)