I am a partner in the firm’s real estate tax team and regularly advise private equity houses, institutional investors, and listed real estate groups on all types of real estate transactions, including acquisitions, take privates, joint ventures, disposals, restructurings and IPOs.
I frequently collaborate with the firm’s market-leading corporate finance, public company, and specialist tax teams to comprehensively advise clients on transactions.
My work often involves an international or cross border dimension, offering clients the benefit of the firm’s global network to achieve their objectives. This experience includes advising on transactions entailing Asia, the US and Middle East investing in the UK and pan-Europe.
Outside of work I enjoy spending time walking and cycling with my wife and two daughters, where we live in Harpenden. My other passions include travelling, cooking and keeping fit.
Recent work highlights
- FTSE 250-listed LXi REIT on the planned public reverse takeover of AIM-listed Secure Income REIT to create a company with a combined portfolio of 346 properties in the UK and Germany and a valuation of £3.9 billion
- Workspace Group on the £272 million public takeover of McKay Securities to bolster their flexible office portfolio
- CapitaLand’s Ascendas REIT on the US$ 678 million acquisition from US REIT Digital Realty of a portfolio of 11 European data centre assets located across the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, France and Switzerland
- Ho Bee Land’s £718m acquisition of The Scalpel boosting Ho Bee’s investment in London to more than £2 billion
- Elite Capital Partners’ Singapore-listed Elite Commercial REIT on a pioneering and market leading efficient tax and operating structure and a stable platform for its continued expansion in the UK real estate investment market.
- Alvarium on the £240 million IPO of Home REIT focused on providing housing and rehabilitation for homeless people
- Sovereign wealth fund on restructuring their £3 billion trophy asset portfolio located across prime London sites
- CA (Chartered Accountant)
- BSc (Hons)