I am a restructuring partner and insolvency practitioner with over 15 years’ experience. Whilst based in the UK, I have been fortunate enough to have worked on restructuring and insolvency projects in a variety of counties and my experience covers: Asia, Europe, the US and the offshore financial centres.
My principal focus is on supporting firms, companies and their stakeholders in the financial services sector. This has seen me being heavily involved in a number of consumer finance and insurance businesses in the UK market. In addition, my experience includes considerable time supporting banks, regulators and other stakeholder across Europe, often assisting them with issues in addressing non-performing loans.
I also have broader remit to support clients through corporate restructuring, contingency planning and insolvency (where required) in the upper mid-market.
Recent notable experience includes:
- joint liquidator of Greensill Limited
- advisor to Dtek on its restructuring through a Scheme of Arrangement
- confidential contingency planning mandate in respect of a regulated e-money institution
- advisor to a high profile business to support the production of its wind-down plan prior to submission to the FCA
- contingency planning and Joint Administrator of Caversham Trading Limited (part of the Brighthouse Group)
- joint administrator of Wonga Group Limited and associated companies
- advising Cyprus Cooperative Bank Limited and its shareholder (the Republic of Cyprus) on the good bank, bad bank split resulting in the sale of certain assets and liabilities to Hellenic Bank Public Limited
Outside of work, I love spending as much time as possible with my wife and two daughters and juggle that with getting out on my bike when I can. And come winter, I am passionate about getting out to the mountains to get some skiing in.
- IPA (Member of the Insolvency Practitioners Association)
- Licensed Insolvency Practitioner