Executing a transaction can be daunting both in terms of the buyer’s capacity and expertise. Employing an experienced bid support adviser along the way can accelerate a deal.
The business end of a transaction means big decisions to short deadlines. Even if you're a seasoned acquirer, multiple diligence providers, work streams, and negotiation points can be overwhelming.
Our bid support advisers can ease the pressure: from top-up diligence reports covering recent trading to interpreting sell-side materials from vendors and leading meetings with the preparers of the vendor due diligence. We can also act as a sounding board to optimise deal mechanisms.
Why Grant Thornton
With us, you will get a senior-led, hands-on and tailored buyside approach that puts the full breadth of our firm’s experience to work for you. You will receive objective and evidence-based advice, strengthened by our knowledge of market norms and understanding gained from writing sell-side reports and acting on all sides of transactions.
Our people thrive on delivering meaningful, practical and quality bid support that makes a difference. And our geographical reach puts a huge bank of talent at your service.
Private equity buy-side engagement
There are a large number of things to consider when completing a transaction. Bid support is flexible and can include the following:
- Bid process management
- Initial valuation and purchase price allocation
- Advice on heads of terms
- Debt advisory, including introductions to potential funders
- Financial modelling
- Pensions review
- Data room review
- Review of vendor due diligence reports
- Top up due diligence
- Support at due diligence and management Q&A sessions
- Bank case forecast reviews
- Completion mechanism and SPA advisory
- Review of buyer's bank presentation
- Completion accounts preparation and review
- Commercial and strategic review of the target, its customers and its market
- Review of synergies
- Carve out and integration planning and implementation
- Transitional service arrangements