I am the managing partner of our forensic and investigations practice, my work covers London and many of the world's offshore financial locations, the Middle East, Europe and North America. I am a vastly experienced forensic accountant with a proven track record in complex international investigations and disputes, including international arbitration.
My experience in dispute matters is extensive, covering valuations, commercial transactions, breach of contract, professional negligence, loss of profits and insurance claims. These claims typically follow insolvency, libel, financial product close-outs and other derivatives-related matters.
I advise clients and provide expertise in a wide range of industries, including financial services (particularly banking, insurance and asset management), manufacturing, energy, construction, retail, media, healthcare, pharmaceuticals and professional services. I have given written evidence on over 400 occasions and oral evidence in over 40 cases (a number of which are leading cases in their own right), including:
- English High Court
- the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands
- the Guernsey High Court
- to various International Arbitration bodies eg ICC, ICSID and BCC (Bulgaria).
I have recently given evidence in the Superior Court of Connecticut in the hugely complex and long running matter of Deutsche Bank AG .v. Sebastian Holdings, Inc and Alexander Vik.
Directories have referred to me as ‘meticulous and knowledgeable’ with “a huge amount of experience of giving evidence”; as sources note, “This is very valuable as he does not get fazed by intensive questioning.” Who’s Who Legal Investigations Directory 2019 says, "Will Davies possesses a stellar reputation in the field, garnering widespread support from his peers for his deep understanding of investigations in the financial services sector" and Who’s Who Legal Asset Recovery Directory 2020 says "Will Davies’ extensive testifying experience and strong analysis means that judges like him and listen to him".
- Ranked as a Band 1, Chambers and Partners 2020
- Global Elite Thought Leader 2020, Who’s Who Legal Arbitration Directory 2020
- Global Elite Thought Leader 2020, Who’s Who Legal Investigations Directory 2020
- BSc (Hons), Economics
- FCA (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales)
- Founder Member of ICAEW Forensic Accounting Special Interest Group
- Member of ICAEW Valuation Special Interest Group