I am an experienced restructuring professional, providing advice to mid-market and SME businesses, and their key stakeholders, who are experiencing distress. I also advise trustees of defined benefit pension schemes on the covenant provided by the scheme’s sponsoring employers and on the implications to schemes from group restructurings.
I am both ACA and JIEB qualified and have over 14 years' experience working with businesses in different sectors who are experiencing cash flow difficulties, under-performance issues or looking to refinance.
My extensive experience includes:
- leading the administration of Covpress Limited that achieved the sale of the business to protect approximately 750 jobs and saw the pension scheme transfer to the purchaser of the business
- leading the administration of Economy Energy Trading Limited which supplied gas and electricity to almost 250,000 residential customers
- advising trustees and the Pension Protection Fund (PPF) in negotiations with sponsoring employers and providing on-going support in restructuring scenarios.
When not providing pragmatic advice to stakeholders of distressed businesses, I enjoy playing golf, watching formula 1 and football, coaching my son’s football team and generally spending time with my young family.
- ACA (Association of Chartered Accountants)
- JIEB (Joint Insolvency Examination Board)