I am a partner in our insolvency and asset recovery team. A UK-centric insolvency practitioner and POCA panel receiver, I have for over 20 years specialised in contentious work.
Having originally trained and qualified at the firm as an insolvency practitioner, I left in 2009 and have spent the last 13 years leading a contentious Insolvency team, regularly appearing in court in both civil and criminal cases.
The opportunity to be part of a team that is recognised as the market leader in contentious insolvency and asset recovery was an opportunity not to be missed. This led to me rejoining the firm in April 2022.
I have a particular focus on complex asset recovery assignments, having implemented recovery strategies specialising in the identification and recovery of assets using both insolvency and civil legislation. I have delivered cost-effective and practical recovery solutions to a broad range of creditor groups.
My experience includes:
- Appointed at the instigation of HMRC on a group of companies involved in a £34 million payroll fraud
- Successfully pursuing civil claims against parties connected with the fraud as well as professionals who had advised the group. Evidence was provided in a series of successful criminal trials
- Advised former director/shareholders in relation to the restoration of their company following liquidation, successfully identifying and recovering assets on behalf of the estate
- Acting as liquidator and trustee of a £30 million Ponzi scheme involving prosecutions by the FCA. Successfully identified and recovered in excess of £6 million of assets for the benefit of investors
When not working I indulge my continuing passion for sport, regularly competing and watching at the lowest levels.
- MBRP (Member of the Business Recovery Professionals)
- MIPA (Member of the Insolvency Practitioners Association)
- Licensed Insolvency Practitioner