As a tax director in the real estate team, I advise a wide range of clients on investing and developing both UK and overseas real estate. I bring significant experience gained from working in both practice and industry and apply this when providing tax structuring, tax compliance and tax due diligence services. I work across all real estate sectors and advise a diverse client base including funds, publicly listed and private real estate businesses.
Some previous experience includes:
- leading on multiple acquisition due diligence transactions for a number of high value property backed businesses in the UK
- advising a major listed property business on restructuring steps following an acquisition of a portfolio of commercial properties
- advising inbound investors investing into UK property and associated structuring considerations over the lifecycle of the investment
- advising funds of the implications of the NRCGT rules for UK property and elections available for collective investment schemes
- advising an overseas fund on implications and practicalities of structuring a new venture as a UK Real Estate Investment Trust
- significant experience gained working in industry in various in-house roles and can therefore bring a client perspective to tax projects.
Outside of work I enjoy spending time with friends and family, watching sport, reading and attempting to cook.
- Chartered Accountant
- CTA (Chartered Tax Adviser)