As the head of China investment within the China Britain business group, I use my skills and expertise to develop all China-related opportunities and relations and assist both British and Chinese clients in their cross-border investment and trade activities.
I have over 20 years of work experience in Mainland China, Hong Kong and the UK, across various sectors and diversified business functions, with in-depth knowledge of UK-China business collaborations, and have completed a Doctor degree in finance. Prior to joining the firm, I held a number of senior roles in both British companies (British importer and British exporter) and Chinese corporates.
Acting as a national pan-service lines business advisor developing all China-related opportunities and relations for the firm, with around 200 partners, I specialise in branding and PR, corporate finance, strategic alliance, global sourcing and strategic procurement, corporate governance and internal control, China market entry and growth strategy, English to Chinese translation.
My significant experiences include:
- working closely with a top management team of Chinese multinational telecommunication giant to provide consultancy service covering stakeholder and media communication strategy, cyber security, software engineering, GDPR, sales control, etc
- actively match cross-border M&A deal opportunities by either advising Western enterprises to sell assets to Chinese investors or advising Chinese investors to make investments into the assets in the West
- acting as a knowledgeable professional services advisor who can assess the detailed requirements of Chinese corporate and HNWI clients in the complex business circumstances and advising on the suitable solution based on more than 2000 service lines offered by the world top 5th largest professional services provider
- a reputable ‘super connector’ between West and East and within the C-suites of Chinese corporates community as well as Chinese HNWI’s circle in both UK and China
- a popular speaker and interviewee invited by many leading media and universities on Chinese capital in the UK.
- notable academic contributions which include a DBA thesis on China's high-end manufacturing industry as well as a joint MA thesis on the Chinese bot market which was published in the International Journal of Project Management.
I love working collaboratively with clients in various backgrounds to help them with international engagement and connecting them to relevant organisations across our network in the UK and internationally. I also embrace using modern technologies to serve various business development purposes, as well as client interaction.
- DBA (Doctor of Business Administration)