I have more than 30 years' experience as an adviser, executive and board director. As head of restructuring and debt advisory, I work with owners and management teams to define their strategy and financial plan, and then guide them through a fund raising or restructuring process.
My experience covers resolving difficult lending situations and delivering complex, cross-border restructuring assignments, as well as providing syndicated debt and refinancing advice to companies across Europe. In debt advisory, I focus on high-growth companies and the larger mid-market, with debt typically in the region of £30 million to £250 million.
I have developed our CEO room which is a dedicated, stimulating and interactive space designed to facilitate business leaders to work on their key strategic, financial and leadership issues. In addition to this, I also design and deliver senior executive development and change programmes for leading global companies including Vodafone, Coloplast and Carlsberg.
I am also the programme director for the Institute for Turnaround's development academy and the published author of 'Turnaround Leadership: Making Decisions, Rebuilding Trust and Delivering Results after a Crisis', Kogan Page, 2010.
In the mid-market for debt, we lead in bringing together companies and financiers - both banks and direct lending funds. Recent debt raising and restructuring advisory projects include:
- £97 million of new money facilities for a global construction company
- €320 million bridge to bond bank facility for an international leisure business
- £70 million new money facility for a high street retailer
- €50 million new facilities for a listed global pharma group
- £30 million of development funding for a private education institution
- $100 million accordion facility for the buy-out of a technology company operating in over 50 countries worldwide
- £650 million debt facilities review and strategy for a FTSE150 property services business
- £20 million of buy out debt facilities for a private recruitment business
- Advanced Management Program, University of Pennsylvania - The Wharton School
- Fellow of ICAEW
- Fellow of the Institute for Turnaround
- MA (Oxon), Jurisprudence
- Senior Executive Programme, London Business School