I am an experienced risk, compliance, and accounting professional within financial services with 20 years of experience focused on regulation, technology and transformation.
I’m a regtech thought leader with vast experience assessing, implementing, and nurturing successful transformation programs and partnerships within the regulated industries. I am committed to the future of regulatory technology for automation and streamlining of business processes and procedures within FS and insurance. IT solutions are a way to move a team from reactive to proactive with useful and appropriate regTech components. This experience and expertise are applied in the implementation of strategies for the long-term growth, and ultimately improved client satisfaction results.
I have experience working with various stakeholders across the organisation chain including board members, managing directors, business analysts and developers to analyse the problem and arriving at solutions which meet the requirements of business.
Sample of previous experiences:
- Headed up the remediation team for a leading bank. Identification, control assessment, residual risk and risk appetite across Europe. Project included assessment and control implementation for existing and emerging regulations such as GDPR with data governance policies, data management standards and policies. Also involved in the assessment of critical data elements, design of data lineage diagrams and identification of data owners.
- Implementation of MiFID, a granular review of product governance across the business from ideation to retirement. Role involved project managing work streams involved in gap analysis, business requirements, design of target operating model and training end users on new regulatory framework. Role also included project planning, providing regular updates to steering group to ensure successful completion of project.
- Consulting with digitally native platforms on the use of crypto asset, decentralised finance and NFTs within regulated jurisdictions. Reviewing licensing requirements with multi regulators and the development of new global processes and procedures.
- Project managed 20+ high risk regulatory technology implementations across Tier 1 banks. Focusing on GRC technology, Regulatory obligation libraries and product governance platforms. Operationalising the platforms into the environment with stakeholder engagement.
- Institute of Bankers Ireland