I'm a director in our forensic and investigations practice. I specialise in dealing with high-profile and complex issues, including fraud, asset misappropriation, false accounting, and corruption. I also lead our ESG Investigations practice and have recently completed several high-profile and sensitive engagements in that area.
I work with a wide range of clients, with particular experience in the financial services industry and with large corporates. Much of my work is international: across Europe, North America, Latin America, and the Middle East. I'm also very familiar with off-shore clients and jurisdictions, and spent two years working in the Cayman Islands.
- Leading a multi-phase investigation into concerns regarding possible breaches of anti-corruption policies and laws at the Turkish subsidiary of a large US-listed pharmaceutical company
- Investigating high-profile allegations of fraudulent accounting and wider misconduct issues at a FTSE listed company in the automotive sector
- Leading investigations into a high-profile USD 1 billion securities-fraud-and-Ponzi scheme allegedly perpetrated by the former management of Platinum Partners Value Arbitrage Fund L.P. in New York
- Leading investigations into a USD 300 million money-laundering-and-Ponzi scheme involving high-profile individuals across Latin America, which was operated out of Miami
- Performing investigations into bribery and corruption allegations at a UK subsidiary of a US-listed parent within the real estate sector that required reporting to the SFO, FCA, SEC and the UK Competition and Markets Authority
- Conducting multiple investigations on behalf of the liquidators of Saad Investment Company Limited, a Saudi Arabian financial services conglomerate that was subject to multibillion-dollar allegations of international financial services fraud
- Conducting investigations into misconduct by company officers and others of an insolvent company that led to a successful claim of USD 2.2 billion against a former company director for breaches of his fiduciary duties
Some of my recent ESG investigations include:
- Conducting a unique social justice investigation for a large, well-known financial institution relating to certain historical practices that were alleged to have taken place within the organisation
- Leading an investigation into allegations of inappropriate conduct by senior management at a luxury US-based travel company
- Numerous investigations relating to governance and corporate culture issues at large US and UK listed corporate clients
In all these engagements, and throughout my career, I built a reputation for delivering exceptional work and client service.
Outside of work I enjoy most sport, particularly tennis, golf and cricket. And I'm a big foodie. I've also recently taken up surfing – my enthusiasm for which makes up for a notable lack of ability.
- ACA (Associate of The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales)
- BA (Hons), History