I'm a director in the financial crime and investigations team. I support clients with anti-money laundering, economic sanctions, bribery, corruption, and fraud issues. I initially trained as a Chartered accountant and now have over 20 years of professional experience in consulting and industry, including five years based in the Middle East. I have also completed a 12-month secondment to the UK financial services regulator.
I work closely with clients and legal counsel to assess and remediate compliance frameworks or investigate identified issues. My recent experience includes:
- reviewing the Know Your Customer framework for a global bank subject to a US monitorship
- assisting a global bank investigating potential non-compliance with US sanctions regulations, in cooperation with multiple US agencies
- investigating global financial crime schemes, such as the Russian Laundromat, 1MDB, and the Panama Papers, to identify and mitigate risk in the customer base of a global bank
- proactive leverage of financial crime typologies and themes to identify and mitigate risk in the customer base of a global bank
- reviewing and assessing the ABC compliance framework for a UK company that was under a deferred prosecution agreement with the Serious Fraud Office.
Outside of work, I love to travel, with the Angkor Temples in Cambodia and safari on the Serengeti in Tanzania ranking as my favourite locations to date. In London, I'm an avid theatregoer.
- FCA (Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales)
- Certified Global Sanctions Specialist (CGSS), ACAMS
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), ACAMS
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)