I have over 18 years’ experience specialising in pension scheme audit and assurance services, and I lead our pension audit team across the South Region. I am passionate about providing an audit service which goes beyond compliance, working with trustees to give best practice insights to support the overall governance of their scheme. I like to work closely with my trustees, fostering open and honest relationships.
My team works with a variety of trustees and scheme types across the whole of the UK. Our wider pensions team offers a range of services to the sector including audit and assurance, employer covenant assessment, actuarial and benefits, tax, cyber security, governance and risk, and trustee training.
I provide a high-quality audit, specifically tailored to the risks applicable to each scheme, with a flexible scope that adds value for trustees. My extensive experience and hands on leadership style results in a robust, added value audit delivered with high levels of customer service.
I am committed and passionate about the sector and sit on some of the leading working parties and committees that are at the forefront of changes to regulation and best practice in the sector.
The national pensions team acts as scheme auditor for over 500 pension schemes. This includes over 50 with assets of between £1 billion - £40 billion representing some of the largest and most complex schemes in the UK.
My experience includes:
- statutory audit services for master trusts, DB, DC and hybrid schemes
- accounting for complex investment and funding solutions
- risk register and fraud risk review and challenge
- benchmarking governance and costs to peer schemes
- additional assurance and internal audit assistance
- complex benefit structures and scheme mergers
- trustee training on a wide range of governance and fraud risk mitigation topics.
When I’m not auditing pension schemes, I’m spending time with my husband and four children. We enjoy being out and about exploring, going for walks, and having days on the beach. I love cooking and baking and sometimes running, but often that’s done begrudgingly.
- BFP , Business Finance Professional
- FCA (Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales)