I have more than 30 years’ experience in providing pension advice and have focused primarily on corporate restructuring since 2004.
The majority of my work is in two main fields. Providing advice to insolvency practitioners on the pensions aspects of insolvency and restructuring, and providing advice to trustees of occupational pensions in both solvent and insolvent restructuring scenarios and in relation to VAT.
I am passionate about pensions and enjoy working with others to provide holistic and innovative solutions to trustee and corporate clients.
I work closely with insolvency practitioners on all types of appointments, providing them with advice on dealing with all types of pensions and benefits. I also advise trustees on how to recover VAT incurred post insolvency, where the scheme's sponsor is insolvent.
I also sit on the Pension Working Group of the Association of Business Recovery Professionals (R3) and co-authored its guidance on dealing with pensions for Insolvency Practitioners.
Recent projects include:
- advising trustees of recovering VAT incurred post-insolvency
- a complex group restructuring with 16 pension schemes
- a defined benefit scheme buy-out and wind-up prior to a sale process
- a deficit reduction programme in anticipation of sale.
Outside of work I am a keen (but not very good) golfer and enjoy travelling and spending time with my family and friends.
- Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning
- BA (Hons), Economics
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)