I have worked in financial services for 25 years, both in industry and as a consultant. In the early 2000s I advised financial services clients on operational and strategic issues, including operating models, outsourcing, product design, risks and controls and complex contract negotiations.
I now specialise in financial crime prevention, helping clients to respond to the regulator and deliver operational improvements to their financial crime controls, I act as a regulatory expert on topics such as anti-money laundering and have oversight of the development of our tools and methodologies, as well as managing aspects of business development and thought leadership.
My goal is to help clients develop effective responses to the challenges of financial crime prevention and regulatory compliance, whether they are regulated firms, public sector bodies or other corporates. I feel lucky that my area of practice responds to a real societal need – to detect and prevent more crime – and sits at the cutting edge of regulation, supervision, data management and technology.
My activities vary, but current areas of focus include:
- helping regulated clients prepare and respond to FCA financial crime visits and skilled person reviews, including planning/delivering remediation and proactive transformation programmes
- delivering tailored financial crime risk assessments
- working with the FCA, technology firms, our clients and bodies such as the RegTech Council, to improve technology solutions to financial crime challenges
- delivering presentations, public speaking engagements and breakfast briefings on financial crime topics such as Brexit and AMLD5, including AML masterclasses for the Association of Foreign Banks.
Travel, languages and diverse cultures are a passion. Having grown up in Luxembourg, I am bi-lingual in French and speak fluent Italian, and I enjoy travelling to more far-flung destinations, including Pakistan and Mongolia. Back home in London I enjoy the museums, galleries and libraries on offer, as well as spending time with my friends and godchildren.
- FPC (Financial Planning Certificate)
- BA (Hons), Oxon, Philosophy, Politics and Economics
- MA (Oxon)