Demands on the finance function continue to grow. Now, more than ever, organisations expect the finance function to play an important role in value creation, going well beyond just keeping the books in order. A critical part of value creation comes from how finance leads interact with the rest of the business to drive performance, insight and data led decision making.
What is Finance Business Partnering?
Finance business partners are accountants who work very closely with the business to help it make key decisions. They discuss historical results as well as future projections. Key strategies are also discussed, as these all impact on the financial results.
Finance business partners will often be embedded within specific business units to create active partnerships that provide real-time support and analysis. This makes them trusted advisers focused on adding value to businesses.
Register your interest in our programme
Programme content and structure
What are the drivers of business performance? Business environment; business planning; horizon scanning.
Leadership, people and culture
Using Insights profiling as a tool for communicating with impact.
Data, systems, process and controls
The art of the possible; what do we mean by data governance? Data capture and integrity; dashboards; data tools (eg, Power BI).
Performance, reporting, and information
Internal and external reporting; financial planning and analysis; performance and risk management.
- Complete insights profiling
- Short case study to support introduction to workshop one
- Facilitate part one of the course
- Introduction to Business Partnering
- Facilitated session, in person, covering part two of the training
- Team work: reading a practical case study to adopt and practice on workshop three
- A real life case study scenario, working in teams and using role play to put the learning into practice