I am a restructuring partner in our Midlands team and alongside that, I am a member of our national pensions advisory team. I have over 30 years of experience in restructuring and insolvency work including 22 years in the firm as a partner. I work on situations where corporates are facing financial challenges and strive to help them navigate their way through those challenges and thrive into the future.
During my 22 years as a partner, I have had a range of leadership, management and governance roles and I retain aspects of those roles alongside my client work. I am also an accredited coach and coach supervisor and invest a lot of time in coaching and mentoring colleagues and external contacts.
I work to support corporates and their stakeholders when there are financial challenges being faced.
My role can include all of the following:
- carrying out an independent review of viability
- short term cashflow reviews
- carrying out due diligence on a new lending proposition
- options reviews and implementation
- insolvency advice to directors and implementation of insolvency procedures
- assessment of management teams
- covenant assessment on the sponsoring employer for defined benefit pension fund trustees
- advising sponsoring employers of defined benefit pension schemes on deficit management and mitigation strategies.
I have worked with many hundreds of different businesses and I have the ability to build trusted relationships with management teams. When we are faced with a challenging financial situation, it is my job to maximise value for the various parties involved. In my career, I am proud of having saved many thousands of jobs through selling insolvent businesses and having returned significant amounts to lenders and creditors across very many cases.
Having acted as our own finance director for two years I believe that this allows me to genuinely empathise with management teams. Helping to run our own business has given me that insight.
Outside work I have a wide range of interests and hobbies including live and recorded music, cookery, travel, cycling and flyfishing. For five years, until recently, I was also a trustee of a Wildlife Trust and I have a strong interest in protecting and improving the natural environment.
- BA (hons), Classical Civilisation
- Chartered Accountant
- EMCC Accredited Coach
- Licensed Insolvency Practitioner