As an associate director in our Financial Crime and Investigations team, I support clients on a wide range of issues, from bribery, corruption and fraud investigations, to financial crime (including money laundering, counter-terrorist financing and sanctions), regulatory compliance and skilled persons’ (s166) reviews.
My experience to date has involved such varied assignments as:
- a successful insider dealing investigation for the [then] Financial Services Authority
- a skilled persons’ review into the misselling of interest rate swaps
- a fraud and bribery investigation at an African bank
- a KYC and PEP screening remediation assignment within a large UK bank
- conducting financial crime reviews, fraud investigations, remediation exercises and regulatory focused assignments.
Working with organisations of varying size and complexity across the financial services industry, as well as law firms, enforcement agencies, regulators and a range of corporates, has developed my understanding of the types of financial crime issues our clients face, and given me a broader perspective when it comes to finding a solution.
Outside of work, I fill my time with various sporting pursuits - though you are more likely to see me cycling, running or swimming (badly) than playing football these days. Most important though, is spending time with my wife and young family.
- ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
- ACFS (The Association of Certified Fraud Specialist)
- ICA AML Diploma