I’m a manager in our economic consulting team, which sits within our large and complex team focussing on our business clients.
I have many years’ experience in the field of competition economics, and provide expert economic advice across:
- abuse of dominance cases, including excessive and/or predatory pricing, price discrimination, margin squeeze, anti-competitive rebates and tying/bundling cases
- competition litigation cases, using economic theory and econometric techniques to quantify damages
- market investigations, navigating clients through a wide-range of competition investigations, including remedy design and implementation where appropriate
- mergers and acquisitions, providing bespoke economic advice to clients and regulators through UK, European and other national merger review processes
- state aid, providing economic analysis and evidence to public and private sector companies through a wide range of state aid-related issues.
In addition, I have many years of experience providing monitoring trustee services to companies subject to merger investigations. As monitoring trustee, we monitor a company’s adherence to its obligations made to regulators across the globe in multi-jurisdictional mergers, acquisitions and joint venture cases. I utilise sector-specific economic knowledge to support companies through complex divestments and sales processes.
As part of my work, I have principally reported to the UK Competition and Markets Authority, the European Commission, the United States Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission, with additional experience reporting to other global competition regulators including the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa Commission, the Superintendencia de Industria y Comercio (Colombia) and State Administration for Market Regulation (China).
Outside of work, I am a fitness enthusiast and football aficionado; I love to ski, play tennis and enjoy anything sport-related!
- BA (hons), Economics First Class
- MA Competition Economics, Distinction (King’s College London)
- PG Dip Competition Economics (King's College London)