I am one of our valuation partners and have over 25 years of experience in helping all manner of clients with the valuation aspects of litigation, transaction and accounting situations. I lead our contentious valuation activities and provide expert witness services for court and arbitration processes in the UK and internationally, and in connection with expert determination processes. I have given oral testimony on numerous occasions.
I focus particularly on the technology, media and telecommunications sectors and lead our telecoms activities internationally. I enjoy the variety of challenges that arise in such an international and dynamic sector and our team is known for the quality and rigour of our analysis, and for the clarity and pragmatic nature of our advice.
Highlights of my litigation and arbitration experience include:
- Expert witness in a USD 3 billion+ ICC arbitration concerning a Sub-Saharan mobile licence
- Expert witness on the valuation of a Georgian telecoms operator and two Georgian TV businesses in the Recovery Partners matter that was heard in the English High Court
- Expert witness in an LCIA arbitration relating to one of the largest Russian retail websites
- Expert witness in a UNCITRAL arbitration relating to a family trust that principally contained African oil and gas assets
- Expert witness in a Stockholm-seated (SCC) arbitration relating to Ukrainian gas extraction assets
I cycle a fair bit, including in and out of our Finsbury Square office, for which I'm told I'm due a bravery award.
- FCA (Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales)