Jeremy Hunt delivered the highly anticipated Autumn Statement on 17 November. As expected, the announcements were aimed at restoring fiscal stability, instilling market confidence and getting inflation under control.
Our panellists discussed key challenges facing the sector while providing the audience with practical insight and advice when dealing with the uncertainty ahead.
Key takeaways for planning for 2023
- Remember that strategic and operational capacity are highly stretched
- Focus resources and energy in order to create the most significant impact
Health and social care
- Focus on social care capacity to free up hospital space for elective recovery or emergency/acute patients coming from A&E
Infrastructure and growth
- Remember that innovation is key so finding bespoke solutions is critical
- Consider structuring or funding to optimise projects and unlock delivery
- Work with the private sector
- Keep in mind that a challenging year lies ahead
- Look to cost reductions when inflation comes under control
What does the Autumn Statement mean for the private sector?
Watch our private sector panel discuss how the Autumn Statement will impact the sector.