- Corporate finance Corporate finance
- Debt advisory Debt advisory
- Financial modelling
- Transaction services Transaction services
Our Strategy Group focuses on commercial due diligence support – to private equity, banks and corporates – on acquisitions, disposals (vendor due diligence) and refinancing.
Commercial due diligence is increasingly a pre-requisite for transactions – in order for the Board to be confident of deal potential, as well as providing reassurance on sustainability of profits to capital providers.
We deliver thoughtful, robust advice based on primary and secondary research combined with quantitative analyses – that doesn't 'boil the ocean' but focuses on the key issues that impact value.
Our senior team has depth of experience in conducting commercial diligence on deals between £50m and £1bn across a variety of sectors. Our backgrounds are typically drawn from strategy houses and MBAs from leading business schools.
Hypotheses-driven research and analyses with quantitative mindset delivering evidence-backed robust opinions
We can be involved at any stage of the transaction cycle:
- pre-deal: to help you develop the underlying rationale of the transaction by undertaking a market opportunity assessment and target identification and screening
- transaction process: to form a fact-based view on the company's competitive advantage, its sustainability and achievability of the business plan
- post-deal: to work alongside you/management to achieve key strategic objectives such as: revenue synergies, develop market segmentation & pricing strategy or plan international market expansion
Each project is customised to answering your key questions, which typically cover:
- addressable market size? Key customer segments? Growth prospects? Demand drivers?
- competences / structural assets that drive competitive advantage? Reflected in share gain or margin differential? Sustainability?
- demand sensitivity to economic cycle? Other risks?
- upside growth potential, e.g. adjacent products / markets?
- potential risks and issues identified and appropriately addressed or plan put in place?
Clients choose us because of our collaborative approach, but also our frankness in constructively challenging their investment thesis, and providing our own robust evidence-backed opinions on risks and upsides. In addition, we access and leverage our internal and external network of sector experts, across geographies where relevant, to deliver early insights on an industry.
Our services include:
- Exit readiness and strategy development
- Vendor commercial due diligence
- Early stage 'outside-in' acquisition target assessment
- Buy-side commercial due diligence (buy- side)
- Market mapping and sizing
- Customer referencing
+44 (0)20 7865 2695Find out more