- Corporate and international tax Corporate and international tax
- Employer solutions Employer solutions
- Indirect tax Indirect tax
- Private client Private client
- Real estate tax
- Transaction and restructuring tax Transaction and restructuring tax
- Tax investigations and disputes Tax investigations and disputes
- Tax risk management
- Tax technology, data and analytics
- Our approach to tax Our approach to tax
Tax disputes are stressful, costly and can take years to resolve - taking up valuable employee time and affecting your bottom line.
The vast amount of information that global tax authorities now share with each other mean its more likely that any discrepancies will come to light. This means that individuals and businesses could be required to spend more time and resources managing tax controversies. We can help you respond to any disputes as effectively as possible.
Tax dispute resolution and alternative dispute resolution
We have vast experience litigating with HMRC, so are well-placed to advise you on how to use litigation tactics to bring a prompt resolution to your dispute. We can:
- advise when it is right to engage HMRC in alternative dispute resolution (ADR) and what that might involve
- help you appeal assessments to the first-tier tax tribunal
- help you apply to the tribunal for closure of an HMRC enquiry
- advise on multi-jurisdictional transfer pricing disputes.
We have recently worked on a range of cases from employment status disputes to owner managed businesses seeking closure of HMRC enquiries. We have a wide experience of multi-jurisdictional transfer pricing disputes involving mutual agreement procedure and arbitration, and regularly engage with country competent authorities. We have advised on a number of complex projects for our international clients, eliminating double taxation and settling liabilities across several years.
Expert witness services
Our team can provide expert witness support in tax disputes and professional negligence cases relating to both HMRC civil and criminal investigations. We undertake:
- liaison with the legal team and other advisers as required
- provision of an expert witness report and supplementary report(s) if required
- attendance in court to provide expert evidence.
Get in touch with a member of the team to discuss how we can help you with any disputes.
+44 (0)121 2325 425Find out more