- Corporate and international business taxes Corporate and international business taxes
- Employer solutions Employer solutions
- Indirect tax Indirect tax
- Managing tax risk Managing tax risk
- Private client Private client
- Real estate tax
- Transaction and restructuring tax Transaction and restructuring tax
- Our approach to tax Our approach to tax
In addition to complying with UK VAT rules, many businesses need to deal with international indirect taxes due to increasing international sales, global footprint and supply chains.
If your business operates internationally, it needs to cope with international indirect taxes. There are many ways VAT, GST (Goods and Service Tax) and sales tax compliance requirements can arise for non-resident businesses. These include drop-shipping goods from the manufacturer direct to customers; fulfilling orders from foreign warehouses; selling through third-party marketplaces with a centralised inventory; moving own goods across borders; and acting as the importer of record into a foreign jurisdiction.
There are EU-specific rules too in relation to distance sales of goods, which might mean your business needs to register and charge local VAT. Similar rules have recently been introduced to tax supplies of digital services to private individuals in the EU. Taxing non-resident supplies of digital services is an international trend with similar regulations being introduced across the globe. With all these challenges it pays to put Grant Thornton on your side.
Working with international indirect tax experts
You'll gain the support of our dedicated international indirect tax team. We're experts in advising UK businesses on outbound global VAT and GST, and sales tax issues – and foreign businesses on inbound UK and EU VAT compliance.
From the start, you'll receive clear, concise and commercial advice. And you'll get services that scale with your business. For example, we can research and present to you the facts on local indirect tax requirements across foreign jurisdictions, to enable you to migigate unnecessary costs within the scope of applicable law.
Accessing a specialist network
You'll have access to a network of indirect tax specialists from Grant Thornton International member firms across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Asia Pacific, and the Americas. You can also call on us to manage your global indirect tax return compliance, for example, through our North American sales tax compliance centres in the US, or pan-European VAT compliance centre in the Netherlands.
As thought leaders on international indirect tax, we provide global updates and commentary, and speak regularly at events worldwide.
You'll receive services covering every aspect of international indirect tax, including:
- global VAT and GST helpline and retainers
- global indirect tax nexus footprinting
- local country tax invoicing requirements, including currency and exchange-rate rules
- customer VAT and GST number validation and exemption certificate management
- indirect tax impact of transfer pricing
- international supply chain reviews and risk analyses.
+44 (0)20 7728 2863Find out more